WOHS Publications

The Student News Site of West Orange High School

WOHS Publications

WOHS Publications

Getting a “C++” at CodeQuest

Warriors Compete in Lockheed Martin Coding Competition

Lockheed Martin hosts Code Quest, an annual computer programming competition where teams of two to three high school students work together to solve problems. This year three students from West Orange attended the competition.

Ian Kristona, Daniel Green, and Aiden Carrel worked together to solve these problems by using JAVA, Python, C#, and/or C++ programming to complete the “quest”. The problem set consists of 20 to 30 challenging problems created by Lockheed Martin engineers and computer programmers.

The team works together to gain as many points as possible within 2.5 hours. Our team from West Orange competed in the advanced category. Being in the advanced division means that one or more of the students have at least one year of experience with the coding languages used. 

It takes extreme skill and knowledge to solve these problems, as one must write in a variety of languages. Kristona, Green and Carrel had a very successful competition, as they placed within the top 25% of their division. If you like more information about the event and how to participate in future events contact Mr. Cooper the Computer Science and Mathematics instructor.