WOHS Publications

The Student News Site of West Orange High School

WOHS Publications

WOHS Publications

It’s Never Too Late to get Involved

A Complete List of Upcoming School Events

The Inter-club Council met on September 20, 2023 to discuss upcoming events and announcements. In attendance was SGA, and representatives from clubs including FFA, Beta Club, FCA and Best Buddies. 

Even though September is almost over, there’s still many activities to look forward to. On September 25th, seniors will be able to pick up their senior shirts at multiple stations around the school. Open house will be held on September 28th. This is rescheduled from the original date due to Hurricane Idalia. 

There are many upcoming events and activities for the month of October. On October 4th, there is a Best Buddies meeting after school for all who are interested and they will be handing out club t-shirts. Also on October 4th, the voting will be held for this year’s Homecoming King and Queen. The sashing will take place on October 6th during all lunches. The theater department is having their production of Mamma Mia from October 5th-8th in the auditorium for anyone who is interested. There will also be a drama club meeting on October 9th after school. On October 10th, this year’s Homecoming Parade will take place in Downtown Winter Garden at 6 p.m., everyone attending will meet across the street from the church at 4:30 p.m. The Homecoming Pep Rally will be held on Friday October 13th, and there will be an Alumni tailgate with food trucks at the Homecoming game. On October 22nd, there will be a car wash fundraiser for prom at Fifth Third Bank in the grove. Anyone is welcome to attend and can get service hours from this event. There will also be a Blood Drive on October 31st, and sign-ups will be held the week before. 

Some other things to look forward to that were discussed include many services activities. Beta Club is having a Thanksgiving food drive from now through November 20th. Bring any non-perishable foods to Mr Murtagh’s room. There is also an opportunity going on to raise money for glasses for people who can’t afford them. Twenty-five pairs have already been raised, and the goal is to reach 75 total. A Fun Run is in the process of being planned to raise money for kids at St. Jude hospital who have cancer and can’t afford to pay their medical bills. It will cost approximately $50 per person, and all proceeds would go directly towards children’s cancer research. More information on these upcoming activities will be available at a later date. 

The next ICC meeting will be held on October 18th.