WOHS Publications

The Student News Site of West Orange High School

WOHS Publications

WOHS Publications

A New Club on Campus

How to Join Crochet Club

Crochet Club is a new club that was just introduced to West Orange this year. This club involves using creativity to make different projects using the art of crocheting. You can make many different items of your choice such as stuffed animals, hats, scrunchies, blankets, etc. The club meets on Wednesdays every other week right after school.  

Crochet Club does not have a main president, but instead they have two Co-Presidents Eva Hickey, 12 and Abigail Van Swearingen, 11. Their job is to run the meetings and make all the decisions. The Vice President is Micaela Markland, 11, and she helps them find a place to hold the meetings and teach new crocheters. The secretary, Gelissa Georges,11, plans out meetings and run the clubs social media. The treasurer, Chloe Ordonez, 11, keeps track of the club’s money/supplies while the ambassador Skye Dutkiewicz, 11, helps the club reach out to the public. They all work together to plan the meetings and make learning crochet a fun experience for everyone.

Q: What does it take to be a part of crochet club?

A: No experience is required, anyone who is interested in learning crochet can join.  

Q: Why was crochet club started

A: We created crochet club because we wanted to have a place where people could have fun, be creative, and learn something new. 

Q: What are the goals for crochet club?

A: The goals for crochet club are to teach people how to crochet, and give people a safe place to be creative. 

Q: How do you join crochet club?

A: Just show up!

Socials

Instagram: @wohscc