WOHS Publications

The Student News Site of West Orange High School

WOHS Publications

WOHS Publications

10 Questions With a Staff

Get to Know Mrs. Wallner

1. What is the best part about being a librarian?

She loves the students. She loves it when they come into the library and chat. She loves learning new things about her students. She enjoys yearning about the hopes and dreams of the students, it lets her know that the future generations are going to be okay because of how great the students are.

2. What was the highlight of your 2022?

She had three seniors last school year that she feared that they weren’t going to be able to graduate. One of them had to go to an alternative school because his grades were so bad, but then he was able to get his grades up to come back to the school and graduate and she was so proud of him. He made the highlight of her year.

3. What do you like to read?

Her favorite genre is historical fiction and romance. 

4. What is your favorite summer activity? 

Going to visit her daughter and family in Chicago.

5. What is your biggest fear?

Snakes 

6. What is your favorite vacation spot?

Her favorite vacation spot is any national forest; she loves trees and nature. She enjoys being outside, looking at the big trees, and smelling the pine. 

7. What is your favorite Christmas present?

Noise cancellation earbuds from her Daughter.

8. What is your spirit animal?

A giraffe

9. Who is your biggest role model and why?

Her biggest role model is her dad. Her dad had a lot to overcome, he was born and raised in Poland during World War 2. His family was put in work camps, he saw his mother and father die, and he doesn’t know where his family is. He overcame so much and he was such a positive person no matter what hardship he faced in life. He always managed to have a smile on his face.

10. If you weren’t a librarian what would you be?

She would be a geriatric nurse. She felt that old people are forgotten about, as people get into their 70s and 80s they are not respected as much. Their families put them in homes and forget about them.