WOHS Publications

The Student News Site of West Orange High School

WOHS Publications

WOHS Publications

A Club that Saves the Environment

How to Join Environmental Club

A new club has joined the West Orange community, the Environmental Club. 

The club focuses on informing and teaching members about environmental topics like recycling and climate change. They want to be able to show the student body about how each person can help the environment.  

The President of the club is Hannah Maritz, 12. As club president she runs the meetings, creates the PowerPoint for the meetings, and plans events for the year. The Vice President of the Club is Emily Mccarro,12, who assists Maritz run meetings.

Q: What does it take to be able to join the club?

A:To be able to join the Environmental Club, you have to be interested in helping your community and the environment. You don’t have to show up to every meeting that they have, but it is encouraged that you do go to as many as possible.

Q: Why was the club started?

A: When Maritz took AP Environmental in her junior year she learned about the effect that humans have on the environment/ pollution. She enjoyed the class so much that it inspired her to create the club.

Q: What are the goals for the club?

A: President Maritz’s goals for the club are to help educate students about what they can do to help the environment, reduce pollution, and save energy. Maritz wants to help students to be able to get community service hours. Some big projects that the club hopes to accomplish are volunteering at nature preserves, doing beach/ lake clean-ups, school clean-ups, and creating eco columns.

Q: How to join the club?

A: To be able to join this club all you have to do is join the Remind group and attend the meetings. You can either text @env23-24 to 81010 or if you have the Remind App you can use the code @env23-24.

Socials 

• Instagram : @wohsenvironmentalclub